Martin is speaking at conferences about startups, future of cities and education topics, also inspiring students and young entrepreneurs for planning their life goals, career and doing good.
- Bolt - growth story of the 1st Estonian based unicorn, expansion in Europe & Africa
- My personal journey as entrepreneur - success, failures and learnings
- Country of Unicorns - Estonian ecosystem that supports amazing growth
- kood/Jõhvi - solving the lack of talent via platform based studies, school without teachers
Example of recent events
- Startup Day Tartu 2023
- London Tech Week 2022
- Dubai Expo, Estonian Week 2022
- TNW, Amsterdam 2021
- Arctic15, Helsinki 2020
- Bloomberg New Economy Forum 2020
- Login Conference 2020, Vilnius
- TechChill 2020, Riga
- UN Internet Governance Forum 2019, Berlin
- JCI World Congress 2019, Tallinn
- EU Digital Transport Days 2019, Helsinki
- VivaTech 2019, Paris
- Latitude 59, Tallinn
- Startup Europe Summit 2019, Cluj-Napoka
- World Knowledge Forum 2018, Seoul
- TechChill 2018, Riga [Video, 20min]
- Economist: Digital Openness in Europe 2017, Tallinn
- Startup Day 2017, Tartu
Speaker BiographyMartin Villig is the co-founder of Bolt, mobility super-app with 100 million passengers in 45 countries in Europe and Africa.
Martin has been an entrepreneur for 25 years, and started and sold his first startup in 1999. He has previously held management positions at Skype and NASDAQ Tallinn Stock Exchange.
He is a leading figure in the Estonian startup community, having co-founded Estonian Founders Society and Garage48 Foundation, which organizes hackathons across Europe. In 2018, Martin co-founded a €3M Good Deed Education Foundation to kick-start new education initiatives in Estonia. In 2020 Martin co-founded Kood Jõhvi, a new generation platform based school accepting 300 students per year.
Martin finished Estonian Business School. He is father of 2 great kids and likes traveling with his family. Martin also likes hiking, various sports and doing good for the world.
Connect & Follow Martin: martinvillig.com